Friday, April 20, 2007

Jason's Basketball Team!

I am so proud of the impact jason has made already on the boys on his basketball team and at Windsor Forest. I am enclosing excerpts from an email sent by his Assistant Principal about Jason's team. It is so great that he is getting so much support from his school; the administrators really respect him.

" I need your help! Please take my request to heart…

I am working with Coach Helton and the Boys Basketball Team in an effort to raise money and support for this group of student athletes. I need your help in identifying area businesses or individuals who would be willing to offer needed support. I will be actively seeking donations to support the basketball program here at WFHS.
The students on our boys’ basketball team this year had an average GPA of 83.2! These student athletes perform in the classroom as well as on the court. For many, the involvement in, and discipline of, a structured athletic team helps them to maintain a strong academic focus. Coach Helton has done an excellent job of beginning a truly structured and motivated team.

All of our students and student athletes are important, but this group needs some extra attention – they need new uniforms and shoes, and the athletic budget simply cannot support this effectively.

I appreciate you letting me know of anyone who might consider this."

1 comment: